Q: What is Best Damn Race Starkey Trail?
A: Best Damn Race is hitting the trails. BDR Starkey Park Trail will be a team relay race consisting of teams of 4-8 working together to complete a 133-mile relay race.
Q: What is the Event Schedule?
Q: What is the format?
A: There will be three different loops that vary in the distance: Loop A (3.69 miles), Loop B (6.28 miles), Loop C (6.9 miles)
The STANDARD 8-person team will complete 24 loops continuously. It’s suggested that 8 runners each complete all 3 loops once for a total of 16.7 miles each. (133.6 Miles)
*Standard teams must have a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 8.
The ULTRA 4-person team will complete 24 loops continuously. It’s suggested that 4 runners each complete all 3 loops TWICE for a total of 33.4 miles each. (133.6 miles)
*Ultra teams must have 4 runners.
The BEAUTY SLEEP Division will complete 18 loops with a break. Your team of 6 will run 2 loops each on Saturday, then take a break! Enjoy dinner, a movie, and S’mores together, then get some beauty sleep and finish your 3rd loop each in the morning. Total of 16.7 each (100.2 miles)
Q: Do I pay for an entire team or just myself?
A: Each participant can register and pay for their own entry at $99 each. You are welcome to register and pay for others if desired. Standard teams can have 6,7 or 8 members. Ultra teams need 4 members. Beauty sleep teams need 6.
Q: What are the award categories?
Top Overall Team in each division
- All Male (Standard & Ultra)
- All Female (Standard & Ultra)
- Coed (Standard & Ultra)
- Military/Corporate (Standard & Ultra)
Please note that the Beauty Sleep Division is for teams that want to have fun and not chase the clock. There will not be awards for this division.
Q: How do I create a team or join a team?
Follow the steps below.
- Click Sign Up to begin the registration process for Starkey Park Trail.
- Select Your Team Type (Standard, Ultra, or Beauty Sleep)
- Select “Join an Existing Team” or “Create a New Team” – Please note that you will need a password that the original teammate created if you join an existing team. If you are the first one to sign up, you will create the team name and password.
- If you create the new team, you will need to choose (All Male, All Female, Coed, or Military/Corporate) unless you are in the Beauty sleep division.
- Type in team name and password (make sure to give the password to your teammates so they can sign up).
Q: What are my camping options?
Click Here for Details